Sunday 27 May 2012

All that glistens...


So after hearing so so so much about MAC mineralize skinfinishes (MSF) i finally took the plunge. The shade i picked up was 'Soft and gentle'.


MAC describe MSF's as: A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks, brows, anywhere on the body: provides an ultra-deluxe polish to the skin.


(sorry about the lighting in the photos, i had to use artificial light to show the shimmer off).

This product is available in 2 shades, Soft and Gentle (shown above) which is described as a gilded peach bronze and Golden deposit which is described as a soft reflective golden-bronze. I chose soft and gentle as it was best suited to my skin tone (aka. as pale as snow).

It is a really lovely product and i feel it adds so much to my make up. I simply apply it after my setting powder, before my blusher, to the apples of my cheeks and a tiny amount under my brow bone. It applys so nicely with it being so finely milled, no big chunks of shimmer here but i do make sure to take extra care when buffing it in, to ensure it looks natural. I find that it makes you look glowing and much more alive, and also helps to make pores look flawless. If i have any dry skin when using this product i make sure i moisturise first, or avoid them if they are really dry as i find the shimmer makes them stand out more - which is not a good look!!!

This retails at £21.50 for 10g of product. It will last you ages as a little really goes a long way.
If you are thinking about purchasing this i would 100% say go for it, as i love using it and have used it every day since i bought it. Always a good sign, it gets a huge thumbs up from me!!!

x x x

2 comments:

  1. I've been contemplating this for so long, it looks beautiful! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it!!! i was the same, loved the look of it but didnt know if it would suit me.
      But it is now my fave make up item!!! x

      Delete