Wednesday 25 April 2012

My brushes (cleaning and storing)

 

Storing:
I keep my brushes in this little glass jar, which i got for wilkinons for about £4. I like them all out where i can see them, and it makes finding them really easy (theres nothing more annoying than trying to track them down when your in a rush).

Cleaning:
I dont get around to doing it as much as i should or would like too... but i make a point of doing it when my brushes really need it. At the moment i have been using ELF brush shampoo which is only £3.50


It makes cleaning the brushes a breeze!!! I just pop them one by one under hot water which gets rid of alot of the excess make up. I then pop a dollop of the brush shampoo into the palm of my hand and rub it into the bristles. The shampoo is really gentle and doesn't smell at all like some other cleaners, it foams up but only slightly - just enough to do the job. Then with a good rinse under the hot water Ta-dahhhh sparkling clean, good as new brushes.

They then obviously need to dry, which is the annoying bit as some of the thicker brushes can take ages!!! They need to be reshaped and also need to be laid flat to make sure that no water gets into the handle and loosens the bristles.  

(brushes are a mixture of Real techniques, MAC, ELF and models own)
Leave them to dry then bish bash bosh... All done.
x x x


4 comments:

  1. I have some questions for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using a glass jar for storing brushes sounds good!
    At the moment I'm keeping mine inside a cylindrical case because my house is always so dusty hahaha :D
    Have a great day
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah i like them all where i can find them easy :)
      Thank you, you too xxx

      Delete